Merrimack Valley Small Business Center
Since 1998, Community Teamwork’s Merrimack Valley Small Business Center (MVSBC) has provided business development services to entrepreneurs from ethnically and economically diverse groups within the Merrimack Valley with the training, tools, and resources needed to create, sustain, and grow viable small businesses. As an authorized Small Business Administration Intermediary Lender, the MVSBC provides financial support and credit building services through low-interest microloans, enabling business growth and stabilization, job creation/retention, and improved economic impact. The MVSBC works in partnership with UMass Lowell, Middlesex Community College, and the City of Lowell.
- Microloan Program Click Here for our Microloan Program Fact Sheet. To begin the application process, please complete and submit a Loan Inquiry Form.
IN THE NEWS
On January 17, 2019, Franky Descoteaux, Director of Community Teamwork’s Merrimack Valley Small Business Center (MVSBC), presented at the Massachusetts Community & Banking Council’s (MCBC) Economic Development / Small Business Committee at Eastern Bank in Boston. She presented the innovative ways in which Small Business Resource centers and technical assistance providers are amplifying the efforts of University and Community College Entrepreneurship programs. She discussed the need for prolonged support for entrepreneurs at all stages of business and presented opportunities for providing “beyond the classroom” coaching and technical assistance, with the goal of producing sustained economic value in Gateway Cities across Massachusetts.
Franky was given the opportunity to co-chair the MCBC’s Economic Development/Small Business Lending committee and will work along Charles Smith, SVP, Small Business Lending at Eastern Bank, to provide committee oversight and direction. For additional information about the MVSBC, please contact Franky Descoteaux at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about the Massachusetts Community & Banking Council’s Economic Development/Small Business Committee please visit http://mcbc.info/economic-development/
The Merrimack Valley Small Business Center is proud to part of the team of agencies working to help small businesses and entrepreneurs from the Lawrence, Andover and North Andover area as they work to recover from the recent Columbia Gas Emergency.
Some top tips from our own Merrimack Valley Small Business Center experts….
- Be sure to document and photograph any losses or emergency related expenses and keep all receipts.
- Check in with your Insurance company to get up to date information on what options you may have for filing a business loss claim.
- If you have had to temporarily close your business or if for any other reason you are having trouble keeping up existing business loan payments be sure to contact your local loan representative to discuss options for delaying payments without penalties based on the current Columbia Gas Emergency.
- Reach out to the Merrimack Valley Small Business Center and any of the other agencies who are participating in the We Are Lawrence business response at the link below:
Additionally, here are some links for Small Business Owners who have been impacted by the emergency with up to date information on emergency loan options as well as recommendations about how businesses can better plan for future crises.