First Time Home Buyers
Steps to Homeownership Seminar Offered Monthly
About This Program
The First Time Homebuyer’s Program’s Steps to Homeownership is a four-session first-time homebuyer seminar offered each month across northeastern Massachusetts. Graduates of this seminar receive a certificate that makes them eligible to apply for MHFA low-interest loans and down-payment assistance from cities throughout the state including Lowell, Lawrence, Methuen, Haverhill and Salem. This course is taught in Salem/Peabody, Beverly/Danvers, Chelmsford, Billerica, Woburn, Reading and Melrose, MA, with both morning and evening schedules.
The program’s goal is to provide potential and recent first time homebuyers the critical skills, knowledge and confidence to buy and maintain a home by providing group seminars, individual counseling and post purchase sessions.
- Our course structure and materials are approved by MHFA, Fannie Mae and have received the Seal of Approval from the Massachusetts Homeownership Collaborative, CHAPA and the Massachusetts Housing Partnership Fund Each 4-session course is held two nights each week over the course of two weeks.
- The registration fee is $60 per family and participants earn a certificate good for one year upon completion of all 4 sessions.
- Individual First Time Homebuyer and First Time Homebuyer for landlords programs are also offered. Fees vary for these sessions.
- Download a Schedule of our next STEPS to Homeownership Course Schedule, complete the Homeownership Enrollment Form.
- Registration may be mailed
- On-line registration preferred: ENROLL NOW! 2019 On-Site Classes.
- Email Cathy Dyl at firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW: FRAMEWORK – Online Homebuyer education, when and where you need it. Smart Homeownership Starts Here: Buying a home is a big deal, whether you’re doing it for the first time or getting back into the ever-changing market. When you educate yourselffor smart homeownership with Framework, you’ll navigate every step of the process with confidence. The Framework course is affordable too: just $75 (and $25 for the telephonic exit briefing).
NEW: Landlord Services: “1.1 Landlord Counseling”. Cost $75. Once payment is made, a mutually agreeable date and time will be determined and counseling will occur in either Lowell or Wakefield! Register online with the above link.