Your Gift Can Turn Lives Around
Economic Prosperity – Our Hope for Today and Tomorrow
Tuesday, November 28th is #GIVINGTUESDAY
Entering its sixth year, #GivingTuesday is a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration. Celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving (in the U.S.) and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday kicks off the charitable season, when many focus on their holiday and end-of-year giving. Since its inaugural year in 2012, #GivingTuesday has become a movement that celebrates and supports giving and philanthropy with events throughout the year and a growing catalog of resources.
#GivingTuesday harnesses the potential of social media and the generosity of people around the world to bring about real change in their communities; it provides a platform for them to encourage the donation of time, resources and talents to address local challenges. It also brings together the collective power of a unique blend of partners— nonprofits, civic organizations, businesses and corporations, as well as families and individuals—to encourage and amplify small acts of kindness.
As a global movement, #GivingTuesday unites countries around the world by sharing our capacity to care for and empower one another.
Right now, with your gift to Community Teamwork, you have the opportunity to help change people’s lives for the better, and we believe, potentially forever. Your gift will provide quality child care to working families, nutritious food to mothers and children, shelter to homeless families, lights and heat for the elderly and disabled, new hope and stability to veterans, and so much more.
Donate on-line, via your mobile device, or by mail.
You may also securely donate using your mobile device. Text COMMTEAM to 41444 today!
Prefer to mail us your donation? Please send your check (payable to Community Teamwork) to 155 Merrimack Street, Lowell MA 01852, ATTN: Development Dept.
Community Investment Tax Credits (CITC)
The Community Investment Tax Credit (CITC) is a new tax credit designed to attract partners and financial supporters through donations to support Community Development Corporations and to help increase the scale of their impact. It provides a 50% tax credit for donations to selected Community Development Corporations in Massachusetts of which Community Teamwork, Inc. is one.
Your Gift Can Turn Lives Around
- Vietnam Veteran Roland C. fought depression and homelessness and with your help, regained his life, dignity and a vital role in his community as an advocate for fellow veterans.
- Unemployed for nearly a year, one client embraced Community Teamwork’s computer literacy and business skills training to land a full time position at a local non-profit.
- Gissel S. built her own small business, helping tenants and landlords resolve disputes and arrears.
- Melissa escaped domestic violence, undertook job training and higher education to become a certified nursing assistant and is now working on her Bachelor’s degree.
- Teen parents Rachel and Rob enrolled their son in Early Head Start and became leaders within the child care program. Today, both are gainfully employed.
Donations to Community Teamwork are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.