QuickBooks Program (NEW!)
The Entrepreneurship Center recognizes a need for small businesses to develop their capacity for financial reporting, as this is often a barrier between their growth and financial stability. We believe in providing resources at high-level quality to help support our entrepreneurs in Middlesex and Essex County.
The QuickBooks grant program offers small businesses educational training and usage of accounting software to enhance their ability to manage and grow their companies, providing increased abilities for economic success. Through a group setting of classes and one-on-one thereafter, our program coordinator and business coaches will continue to support small business owners to ensure they are on the right track.
- Established business, or currently receiving counseling from one of our partners, or has been an E-Center Client for one year.
- The E-Center will pick up the cost of the QuickBooks software for the first year but the business must be willing and able to pay the ($600) annual fee for QuickBooks at beginning of year two.
- Has a strong desire to establish or upgrade their financial reporting capabilities
- Must attend all sessions if possible
The Quickbooks Program will provide entrepreneurs a chance to master QuickBooks accounting software, allowing for better management of their business finances help these companies grow.
The program will consist of an introduction meeting with 5 weeks of comprehensive training to include implementation and customization of QuickBooks online. Classes will use a hybrid method. We will use the cohort model with space in each class limited to 10 businesses or less per class. We will attempt to combine similarly situated companies in a cohort. Our Program Coordinator is a certified Quickbooks professional and will help guide you through this process.
This is a two-year commitment with the first year fully paid for by the E-Center. Business owner must provide $600 at the start of training for the second year. If you already have QuickBooks, you pay nothing.
- Must be considered small business by SBA standard
- Must be located in Middlesex or Essex County
- Must be in business for 1 year or referred by a partner
- Must have equipment capable of running technology programs
- Must upfront $600 for second year
- Business certificate or certificate of Good Standing with the State
- Sign service agreement before start of the program
- Appendix C
- 1-year tax return, 2021
Timeline for first Cohort and Process
- Application opens March 1, 2023.
- Applicants will be informed of selection March 31, 2023
- Applications will be rolling for future cohorts
- First cohort tentatively for early April 202
If you would like to be considered for the QuickBooks program please complete and submit the following information: