First Time Home Buyers
Steps to Homeownership Seminar Offered Monthly
ENROLL NOW FOR FIRST TIME HOME BUYER ON-SITE CLASSES 2020
Due to the threat of the corona virus, in person home buyer classes are suspended until further notice. We are providing Webinar Classes via Zoom. We also strongly encourage people to register for the Framework online home buyer course. Here’s the link for the online course: https://cti.frameworkhomeownership.org/
Landlord Counseling Classes are also available – see below or click here
NEW FIRST TIME HOMEOWNER CLASSES – WEBINAR ON ZOOM: OCTOBER 20, 22, 27, & 29. You must attend all four. Sponsored by Northern Bank & Trust. LEARN MORE REGISTER NOW
|February 15 & 22||Beverly||8:45am – 1:30pm||REGISTER NOW|
|March 7 & 14||Woburn||8:45am – 1:30pm||REGISTER NOW|
|April 11 & 18||Reading||8:45am – 1:30pm||REGISTER NOW|
|April 21, 22, 28, 29||Chelmsford||6:15pm – 8:30pm||REGISTER NOW|
|May 2 & 9||Danvers||8:45am – 1:30pm||REGISTER NOW|
|May 12, 14, 19 & 21||WEBINAR||6pm-8pm||REGISTER NOW|
|May 16 & 17||Woburn||8:45am – 1:30pm||REGISTER NOW cancelled|
|June 15, 16, 22 & 23||WEBINAR||6:15pm – 8:45pm||REGISTER NOW|
|July 11 & 18||Woburn||8:45am – 1:30pm||REGISTER NOW cancelled|
|July 14, 16, 21, 23||WEBINAR||6pm – 8:45pm||REGISTER NOW|
|August 18, 20, 25 & 27||WEBINAR||6pm– 8:45pm||REGISTER NOW|
|September 15, 17, 22, 24||WEBINAR||6:15 – 8:45pm||REGISTER NOW|
|October 20, 22, 27, & 29||WEBINAR||6pm – 8:30pm||REGISTER NOW|
|November 7 & 14||Woburn||8:45am – 1:30pm||REGISTER NOW|
|December 1, 2, 8, & 9||Chelmsford||6:15pm – 8:30pm||REGISTER NOW|
|EXIT BRIEFING – Upon completion of FRAMEWORK Online Course||Done over the Telephone||ongoing||REGISTER NOW|
|Landlord Counseling – By Appointment||Lowell / Wakefield||Contact Cathy Dyl after registration||REGISTER NOW|
- Keller Williams Realty, 500 Cummings Center Suite 1550, Beverly, MA 01915
- Chelmsford Woods, Mary St. Hillaire Center 167 Littleton Road #110, Chelmsford, MA 01824
- Peabody Institute Library, 15 Sylvan Street, Danvers MA 01923
- Keller Williams Realty, 180 Haven Street #2nd floor, Reading, MA 01867
- 800 West Cummings Park, Washington Street, Suite 4750, Woburn, MA 01801
- Residential Mortgage Services, Inc., 120 Presidential Way, Suite 110, Woburn, MA 01801
- Northern Bank & Trust 275 Mishawum Road, Woburn, MA 01801
- Draper and Kramer
If you are dreaming of buying your first home, consider taking our Steps to Homeownership First-time Homebuyer certificate course that gives graduates eligibility for Mass Housing low-interest mortgages and Mass Housing Partnership soft second program and downpayment assistance in many Massachusetts cities and towns. This course is taught in Salem/Peabody, Beverly/Danvers, Chelmsford, Billerica, Woburn, Reading and Melrose, MA, with both morning and evening schedules.
The First Time Homebuyer’s Program’s Steps to Homeownership is a two or four-session first-time homebuyer seminar offered each month across northeastern Massachusetts. Graduates of this seminar receive a certificate that makes them eligible to apply for MHFA low-interest loans and down-payment assistance from cities throughout the state including Lowell, Lawrence, Methuen, Haverhill and Salem. This course is taught in Salem/Peabody, Beverly/Danvers, Chelmsford, Billerica, Woburn, Reading and Melrose, MA, with both morning and evening schedules.
The program’s goal is to provide potential and recent first time homebuyers the critical skills, knowledge and confidence to buy and maintain a home by providing group seminars, individual counseling and post purchase sessions.
- Our course structure and materials are approved by MHFA, Fannie Mae and have received the Seal of Approval from the Massachusetts Homeownership Collaborative, CHAPA and the Massachusetts Housing Partnership Fund Each 2-session course is held on successive Saturdays or 4-session course is held two nights each week over the course of two weeks.
- The registration fee is $60 per family and participants earn a certificate good for one year upon completion of all 4 sessions.
- Individual First Time Homebuyer and First Time Homebuyer for landlords programs are also offered. Fees vary for these sessions.
- Download a Schedule of our next STEPS to Homeownership Course Schedule, complete the Homeownership Enrollment Form 2020.
- Registration may be mailed.
- On-line registration preferred: ENROLL NOW! 2020 On-Site Classes.
- Email Cathy Dyl at email@example.com
NEW: FRAMEWORK – Online Homebuyer education, when and where you need it. Smart Homeownership Starts Here: Buying a home is a big deal, whether you’re doing it for the first time or getting back into the ever-changing market. When you educate yourself for smart homeownership with Framework, you’ll navigate every step of the process with confidence. The Framework course is affordable too: just $75 (and $25 for the telephonic exit briefing).
NEW: LANDLORD SERVICES: “1.1 Landlord Counseling”. Cost $75. Once payment is made, a mutually agreeable date and time will be determined and counseling will occur in either Lowell or Wakefield! Contact Cathy Dyl.
Email Cathy Dyl at CDyl@commteam.org