Healthy Babies through Homebased Prenatal Care
Free Prenatal Services Offered through Our Early Head Start Home-Based Program
The Early Head Start program offers Home-Based services through home visits to expectant mothers, providing prenatal education and customized support. Our goal is to make this program more widely known among Community Teamwork employees and the clients we serve who may be eligible and interested. A large percentage of our currently enrolled families are also working with one or more Community Teamwork programs.
Here are some key highlights about the EHS Prenatal Home-Based program:
We help you prepare for your new baby. Our staff works with your family at every stage of your pregnancy and newborn experience.
• Weekly contact and extended support by your own home visitor
• Prenatal and postpartum support to promote healthy outcomes
• Support with community resource collaboration and referrals
• Monthly socialization and parent workshop groups
• Access to a lending library of books and materials to prepare for the arrival of baby
• After delivery, babies can transition into our Home-Based Program and then receive priority consideration into our Head Start Program.
• What to expect in your roles as new mothers and fathers
• Ensuring the health and safety of your developing child
• Facts on labor and delivery, postpartum recovery and maternal depression
• Benefits of breastfeeding
• Your child’s social, emotional and cognitive development
• New ways to understand and respond to your child’s behavior
• Positive parenting practices
This program is free for income-eligible families in the Greater Lowell area.
If you’d like to know more about this program or our Head Start Home-Based program, please contact Vanessa White-Duquette at 978-454-3790 or email@example.com.