The Financial Literacy Academy is a six (6) week long, two (2) hours per week, program that uses the FDIC Money Smart Curriculum, teaching finance basics including creating a budget, credit building/repairing/protecting, banking & borrowing basics, and asset building.
Attendees can expect to learn the following:
- How to create a budget that works for you
- A review of your credit report
- Ways to manage debt
- Information around banking products, lending practices, and credit cards
Things to know about our Virtual FLA:
- It is free
- It is offered Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6-8PM for three weeks
- Those completing the three-week course will receive a certificate of attendance AND a $20.00 gift card for participating!
Dates: October 18th, 20th, 25th, and 27th, November 1st and 3rd
Time: 6:00-8:00 PM
Location: ZOOM Classroom (link provided once registration has been completed)
155 Merrimack Street-Lowell, MA 01852
Currently classes are offered virtually:
You must call or email Eric Rosario, Lead Financial Education Coordinator to register for this free three-week course – 978-735-6748 or email@example.com then Community Teamwork will send a link that will allow you to complete the required intake packet. Once you submit the intake packet, we will provide you with the classroom invitation link. A smartphone or computer is required to take part in this class. Attendance will also be taken at the beginning and end of each class.