Heating System Weatherization Repair and Replacement Program (HEARTWAP)
HEARTWAP (Heating Emergency Assistance Retrofit Task Weatherization Assistance Program) is funded through the fuel assistance budget issued by the federal Department of Health and Human Services.
- HEARTWAP provides heating system repair and replacement services to low-income households.
- Community Teamwork contracts with heating system service companies to complete the work for eligible households.
More About This Program:
HEARTWAP Eligibility and Requirements
- HEARTWAP services are delivered to single-family homes, 1-4 unit multi-family dwellings, mobile homes and some multi-family building depending on funding source requirements.
- To be eligle for HEARTWAP services you must be eligible for fuel assistance or be receiving a utility discount rate.
- Repairs cannot be completed on tenant occupied units where the landlord is obligated to make the necessary repairs, unless both the tenant and landlord are eligible for fuel assistance.
- Partial replacement costs may be covered for eligible renters but must be reviewed on a case by case basis to determine eligibility and funding source availability.
Bedford, Billerica, Burlington, Carlisle, Chelmsford, Dracut, Dunstable, Groton, Lowell, Pepperell, Tewksbury, Tyngsboro, Westford, and Wilmington
For More Information About This Program: